Having trouble paying your account with Powershop?
First things first - please get in touch with us. We can discuss payment options, plans and resources available to help with you. It's far better for both of us, for you to engage with us early.
So, give us a call on 0800 009 3719*.
Powershop aims to be a responsible merchant - this means that we will intervene early and with sensitivity where we are concerned that our customers may be unable to pay their energy account in full - we do this so we are able to discuss help and options.
Our goal is to help customers manage their budget and make responsible choices, and take practical steps to ensure things don't get worse.
Options to help you include:
- Short term deferment of payment (a payment holiday);
- a debt repayment plan;
- Agreement to regular instalments when you owe us money;
- Moving you onto a prepayment meter supplied by our parent company npower, where it is safe and reasonably practicable for you to use one, taking account your own and your household circumstances.
When discussing any of the above options, Powershop will take into account the affordability of any option, ensuring any payment for both debt and ongoing supply is manageable.
External sources of support
You may also be able to get support and advice from other sources such as
- National Debtline - call 0808 808 4000 or visit https://www.nationaldebtline.org/
- Citizens Advice - call 0844 111 444 or visit https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
- Stepchange - call 0800 138 111 or visit https://www.stepchange.org/
Home energy audit
Where appropriate, we will offer you a home energy audit, referring you to someone who can do this for you. A home energy audit is a comprehensive view of your home energy use and what measures you could take to make your home more energy efficient.
Energy Efficiency Information
Powershop can also provide material regarding energy efficiency information. If you would like to know more about this give us a call on 0800 009 3719 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.