A. Experience: Powershop Pro
Congratulations! You’ve opted for the Powershop “Pro” experience with Powerpack discounts, full variable monthly payments and usage insights. If you find it’s not for you, we can downgrade your account to our “Lite” experience without Powerpack discounts but with Fixed monthly payments.
B. What is our Promise? Our promise to you:-
During your first 12 months* as a Powershop customer the cost of the energy you use, plus the standing charge, will not exceed the cost of the same amount of energy calculated using the First Year Promise Rate*, plus the standing charge.
If it does, we will refund the difference to you.
The applicable First Year Rate will have been notified to you upon becoming a Powershop customer. The 12 month period begins on the date your Powershop supply agreement began as defined in the Standard Terms and Conditions.
The promise illustrated
12 month electricity usage 1/03/18 – 28/02/19: 3100 kWh
12 month gas usage 1/03/18 – 28/02/19: 12000 kWh
Illustrative electricity First Year Promise Rate per kWh: 13 p/kWh
Illustrative electricity annual standing charge: £60 per year
Illustrative gas First Year Promise Rate per kWh: 3 p/kWh
Illustrative gas annual standing charge: £80 per year
Based upon a 12 month energy use of 3100 kWh of electricity and 12,000kWh of gas First Year Promise Price would be £903.00 (electricity consumption of 3100 kWh X 13p = £403.00 + £60.00 = £463.00) + (gas consumption of 12000 kWh X 3p = £360.00 + £80.00 = £440.00) *.
If during the same 12 month period you were to buy Powerpacks which entirely covered your energy use, or you used a combination of Powerpacks and energy bought at our standard variable rate, and the amount you spend (including the standing charge) is more than £903.00, we would refund the extra to you – however large or small that amount is.
On your Tariff Information Label which you’ll receive when becoming a customer you will see your First Year Rates along with two other rates.
- Baseline Tariff: This is the rate that you would pay if you buy no Powerpacks during the Term. Discounts on Powerpacks are displayed as discounts from this rate. This rate is always higher than the First Year Promise.
- Top Shopper Tariff: This is the best rate you could achieve by buying all the Powerpacks available to you, or enough Powerpacks to cover your usage each month. This rate is much lower than the First Year Promise. These rates are calculated assuming 1) your consumption information given to us by the industry is accurate and 2) that you use energy in a typical seasonal pattern.
- More Powerpack discounts are given out in winter when our customers need them most and are therefore seasonal. This lower rate is calculated based on typical seasonal usage.
- Powerpacks are sized for the best estimate of consumption that we have for you based on what you told us at sign up and our industry sources. If this information is incorrect, packs may be under or oversized for you. This would mean you could either under or over achieve on the Top Shopper Tariff Rates.
*(The figures above are for illustrative purposes only at Ofgem consumption and the First Year Promise Prices are based upon your actual energy use at the First Year Promise rate and Standing Charge notified to you upon becoming a Powershop customer).
During your first 12 months with us, we will periodically review your account. If it appears your annual spend may exceed the First Year Promise Price, we may suggest Powerpacks for you to buy to bring you on track or even, entirely at our discretion, make an interim credit to your account.
C. When is any refund calculated?
The calculation of any refund will be performed at the end of your first 12 months as a Powershop customer and be paid as a credit to your account during the billing cycle following the end of the 12 months.
Any interim credits made to your account during the 12 months will be deducted from this final credit.
D. How do we make the refund?
Any refund due is made by way of either a credit to your Powershop account in the amount of the refund, a discount on the price of a Powerpack in the amount of your refund or a combination of both.
The refund will be made only as a credit to your Powershop account. There is no cash alternative for either the whole or part of a refund due, even if you are no longer a Powershop customer.
E. When will any Refund be made?
The Refund will be made during the first full billing period following the end of your first 12 months as a Powershop customer.
F. What happens after the Easy Saver Promise comes to an end?
If after the end of the Powershop Pro - First Year Promise which coincides with the end of your current Baseline Tariff and Top Shopper Tariff we continue to supply You with electricity and or gas, we will place you on a new Baseline Tariff applicable to You (or the relevant tariff required or permitted by law), which may be more expensive than Your current offer. This will be either the Baseline Tariff available at the time of notification or at the time of your current Baseline Tariff end. You will still be able to access Powerpack discounts to achieve a lower Top Shopper rate which will be updated at the same time.
We will notify You of Your new Powershop Pro (or other applicable) prices and the associated estimated annual costs You will pay before the end of Your current Baseline Tariff and First Year Promise as required by our regulatory obligations.
The new Powershop Pro prices will be payable from the end of the relevant notice period for a period of 12 months, unless We present to you another offer and alternative terms (including prices and estimated annual costs) that We feel may be suitable, and You agree to sign up to those alternative terms.
1. The First Year Promise refund will only be calculated once you have been a Powershop Customer for 12 months.
2. You will not receive any refund as part of the First Year Promise if you cease to be a Powershop customer during your first 12 months as a customer.
3. The First Year Promise will not apply if in your first 12 months as a customer you move to a new property supplied by Powershop.
4. If at the time we calculate any First Year Promise refund, you owe Powershop more than £100 of which any part is at least 60 days overdue (whether on your current property or another property), you will not be entitled to any refund.
5. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other promotional offers available from time to time through Powershop, with the exception of any customer referral promotion.
6. This offer is only available while it is visible on our webpage or via our sales partners.