Energy Policies & Contracts
How do I cancel my contract within the 14 day 'cooling off' period?
After you've agreed to switch to us, you have 14 days to change your mind and cancel your contract without any fees. To cancel within this time you can:
- Download our cancellation form and email or post it to us at Powershop Cancellation, 5th Floor, 125 Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 3SD, United Kingdom
- Email us at email@example.com clearly stating you wish to cancel the contract
- Call us free on 0800 009 3719 from landlines
- Write to us at Powershop Cancellation, 5th Floor, 125 Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 3SD, United Kingdom
* Phone calls: We may monitor and/or record calls for security, quality or training purposes. Calls to 0800 numbers should be free from all mobiles and generally free from all landlines.
Do you have fixed term contracts?
Yes. Powershop Lite offers a fixed rate tariff for a fixed term. You can find out more about Powershop Lite here.
Can I get a refund on the power I buy?
You have 48 hours to change your mind. We’ll give you a full refund if you buy a Powerpack and haven’t used it.
You’ll get your refund to your Powershop account (not your bank account or credit card) at the purchase price.
You can request refunds back to the bank account, debit or credit card you used to make the payment. For further details see our Refunds page.
Will my supply ever be cut off?
We won't even consider cutting your supply off unless you have multiple outstanding payments, or repeatedly miss payments, and we have followed the industry standard processes.
It is important that you let us know if you or anyone living at your address are of a pensionable age, have an impairment, disability or chronic illness or long term medical condition (including and limited to a visual auditory or mobility impairment) belong to a household which has young children or are otherwise vulnerable. We can provide you with extra support if we know.
If this applies to you, let us know when you switch by filling out the section on Priority Service Register when prompted during the signup process. Once you’re a customer, you can let us know at any time by logging in to your account, go to ‘Settings’, ‘Priority Service Register’ and provide details. Alternatively, you can email us or call us on 0800 009 3719 Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm.
If you find yourself struggling to pay for your energy, please let us know as soon as you can. We can provide you with information on how to manage your payments or refer you to agencies that can help with budgeting advice and assistance.
How can I make a complaint?
Not happy? Have we let you down? View our complaints process.
How will you contact me?
GDPR gives you more control over how your data is used and how you're contacted. The changes will protect your personal data. We have updated our privacy notice to reflect these changes, which you can find here. As part of these changes, you can tell us how you’d like to be contacted…by phone, email, in-app messages, text etc. We’ll be in touch with you to ask which method you prefer.
Support with paying your energy bill
If you're having trouble paying bills, let us know and we can help. Just get in contact - have your account number and an up-to-date meter reading handy.
Help with paying your bill
- Part payment - Where possible, you can make a part payment towards an outstanding balance and set up a payment plan for the rest (plus your future usage), meaning you don't have to pay a lump sum all at once. Just get in touch with us to discuss this option.
- Payment Plan - We may be able to set up a payment plan to cover the full outstanding balance (plus your future usage) so you can spread your payments out over a number of months. Plus you don’t have to pay a lump sum. Get in touch with us to talk about this option.
Once we’ve discussed a payment option with you, we’ll give you help whenever you need it and keep an eye on your payments as well.
What happens if you don't let us know you need support?
If you don’t contact us and make us aware of your circumstances, we’ll contact you and we could:
- Pass your details to our debt recovery team
- Arrange a visit to your home (which would add costs onto what you owe)
- We could apply for a warrant to fit a prepayment meter at your home
And if we can’t fit a meter we may have to disconnect your supply and charge for any extra costs. So it’s really important you contact us - that way we can help.